Monday 12 January 2015

Unleashing The Glorious Past...

 Today I learned the story 'A Grain As Big As A Hen's Egg' by Leo Tolstoy from my school. It was about the glorious past we human had and the degradation of the present life…

(Do you want to read the story? here is the link:  
http://www.online-literature.com/tolstoy/2898/ )

Teacher said the past was very beautiful, everyone were healthier and lived longer than that of the present…
I was doubtful about it.
I came back to home and asked my grandmother ‘was the olden days better than the present?’
She said ‘yes of course my kid; in my childhood everywhere we could see paddy fields… everyone had at least a small farm so that we didn't even need to go anywhere for vegetables… and most of the family owned minimum one cow…

I asked the same question to my grandfather,
he said ‘I’m sad about your generation… you all are being sucked by the internet, television and worthless computer games… my childhood was laudable… every day we dived into books…Now; reading has become  a history! No one reads a book!...do you even know the smell of a new book I wonder… you have the e-version nowadays… there was a time of handwritten letters could any e-mails or message replace them? I don’t think…

What a disaster… I didn't want to live like this… let me look through the window… who knows if I the blue sky would be there tomorrow… I lost myself in my nightmare about the future…

‘Why you look sad; did the teacher scold you?’ it was my elder brother and sister.
All that I had was the story of glorious past and the disastrous present.

My brother said,
‘Do you want to see the past? Come with me… let’s go a few years back ’
Ah! I forgot to tell you; we owned a time traveler… by which you can travel to any time to any place… I don’t know the technical details…

We spend several hours in the past events… you won’t even be able to imagine how weird it was…
Some of them are listed below.

It was the time when printing technology was invented I saw a group of blubbery old men around a tea shop who were saying that the printing technology has destroyed the singularity of handwritten books… and because of the same it’ll be available everywhere, in the nearest future… no one will know the value of exertion to get a book… books become so cheap…

Going a little bit back again – the age of pamphlets- there were also a group of aged people who were criticizing that era. When numerous pamphlets were produced there were several groups of youngsters in most of the junction discussing the information they got from the pamphlets; and the criticism was that these pamphlets make the generation lazy; spending a lots of time just on talking and doing nothing worthy…
Interestingly it was the era of Sir Isaac Newton!

Then the last was the bronze age there I met an old man who was traveling from place to place. He too was sad about the next generation; he was saying that ‘human are not meant to live permanently in a certain area. He has been created to travel all around the world… my past was glorious…these children have lost all the joy of life!

Wow! everyone had their own stories about the glorious past… and it was merely relative

When I came back home; the exact space and time I left.
My sister was there waiting for me with some data…I've given  some of them below…
               
Amazing!
Grandma may be right there were paddy fields and cows everywhere but what about the  
productivity?!

Thanks to internet… :)







About Life expectancy;
It was 41 in 1960’s. Within ten years it has become 48 in 2010 it is almost 67...



I suppose if there wasn't this internet facility I wouldn't have come across these data so soon


1 comment:

  1. This really is an interesting one!
    http://www.anxietyculture.com/antisocial.htm

    ReplyDelete